Table Matrix Shipping Option

Michael47
1 0 0

We're currently using a table matrix shipping plug-in with our Magento store but we're looking at the viability of switching to Shopify.  Our Magento store uses a table rate that references the country, a custom shipping category product attribute and order total to calculate the shipping fee. 

Is there anything similar for Shopify?

0 Likes
Don_old
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 28

Hi there Michael!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

Thanks for reaching out here on our forums to inquire about some shipping add-ons that might be useful for your future Shopify store. :)

We have a number of third-party shipping add-ons in our app store that could fit the bill here. I've gathered a few together you can check these out in your own time and perhaps reach out to the individual developers if you have any app-specific questions.

Two of the more widely-used shipping apps are Better Shipping and Bespoke Shipping, the latter of which actually allows for PHP-programmable rules. :)

The next ones up for your consideration are SHIPPING RATES MANAGER by Decimal and Advanced Shipping Manager. In fact, Advanced Shipping Manager have a guaranteed ROI promise on the app store page there; meaning if you don't feel it was worth the initial outlay they will commit to returning your first month's fee!

A number of these apps would require access to our Carrier API in order to function fully. There are a few ways you can get access to this API: adding it to any Shopify plan for $20 USD/month, for free as part of the Advanced Shopify plan or we can also throw it in for free when you select to pay any Shopify plan annually (this is in addition to the 10% off your subscription cost when paying annually too)!

Have a look at some of the app solutions above and feel free to use the contact form or email address listed on a given app store page to talk to the app developers directly about how their app might work for you.

Best of luck with everything and hope to welcome you to Shopify some day. :)

0 Likes
musubi
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi,

Old post, but for anyone looking for a solution... We were running up against the same problem, moving table rates from Magento to Shopify, so created an app to use them. You can check it out here: Table Rates Shipping. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

0 Likes