Solved

Taxes & Shipping not being applied to discount products

ktaylor-2
6 0 0

Hi. I'm running a Buy2Get1 Free promotion for a physical product. When customers use the promotion code, I noticed no tax or shipping is being applied to their order. Considering the package will be larger/heavier than my individual product, it will likely cost me way more to ship. I need this resolved ASAP. 

Thanks in advance for all the help. 

Accepted Solution (1)
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

This is an accepted solution.

In your shipping settings, how is the shipping rate 'Standard' set up? Is it weight based?  Price based? No conditions?

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

Hello @ktaylor-2 

Would you be able to share any screenshots of example orders?

Are these orders in the U.S.?

Are you set up to collect taxes from the locations that the orders originate?

Are the products being sold marked as 'physical products' in the product setup screens?

Do you have a free shipping rate set up that is being applied or is it saying that the order does not require shipping?

ktaylor-2
6 0 0

I've figured out the tax issue - just realized that taxes are being applied to in state orders. 

@BobsMojo Here are screenshots of the shipping issue. There are no free shipping promos/offers. I've never offered free shipping. Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 11.32.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-08 at 11.33.39 AM.png

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

@ktaylor-2 

Ok 2 more questions (sorry, just eliminating variables here):

What is the setup for the shipping rate "Standard"? What are the conditions?

What is the setup for the FF2020 discount code?

ktaylor-2
6 0 0

@BobsMojo No worries! I appreciate the help. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the setup or conditions. I have the weight of one single bag + box under the shipping tab in the product section. I noticed that when customers order multiple bags it's not charging shipping either. Only the individual product orders are applying shipping costs.

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 2.11.48 PM.png

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

This is an accepted solution.

In your shipping settings, how is the shipping rate 'Standard' set up? Is it weight based?  Price based? No conditions?

ktaylor-2
6 0 0

Yep, I found the issue! Didn't even realize that was a condition. Thank you @BobsMojo 

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 2.28.48 PM.png