Test Check Out

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am getting an error message when trying to test my checkout .

Says "Your payment could not be processed at this time please try again in a few min."

I've been trying for two days...getting same message 

Please help!

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 72 109

Hi, @bsusewitz

Helen here from Shopify Support. I’m here to help!

Which payment gateway are you using? How are you attempting to place a test order?  

One reason you may be getting that error message is if you are trying to process a real transaction while your payment gateway is in test mode

To see if your gateway is in test mode, please go to ‘ Settings > Payment Providers’, and notice if there is a yellow banner above your payment gateway on that page, like below:

20-05-jcmqg-6ok36

When the Shopify Payments gateway is in test mode, you must use these credentials to place a test order.

However, if you are wanting to proceed with a real transaction with it, or any other gateway that is integrated, then please click ‘Turn off test mode’ in the banner, scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck the ‘Enable test mode’ option as seen here: 

20-05-p3gg0-fqyql

Let me know if any of these options help. Otherwise, I am more than happy to continue working through this with you to be sure your gateway is functioning properly. 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes