Test Orders Processing Store on Pause

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Hey guys,

I need to process test orders but my store is currently on pause. Will I be able to process tests order from start to finish? When it comes to testing/processing test payments, what are my limitations when my store is currently on pause. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 32 43

Hi, @Lagruga !

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, testing Shopify Payments wouldn't be possible on the Pause & Build plan since the checkout is disabled. Accepting manually-input payments (ie. phone orders, etc.) on Draft orders is possible though.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Oliver, thanks for getting back. I would suspect that many, like myself, would use the 'Pause & Build Plan' to get things configured in the background. But if functions are limited due to XYZ reason, then those trying to build their stores would struggle, specially when we are talking about payments, etc.

So what other things are we not able to do whilst in Pause & Build? This would help me prioritise the items I can configure & test whilst in the idle mode.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi @Oliver,

Based on my last comment, do you have anymore info? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 32 43

This is an accepted solution.

@Lagruga 

That's a great question as there are a few things that will be a bit different on the Pause and Build plan. I've outlined things that will be different from using a full Shopify plan below for you.

• Online Store checkout is disabled (this means real and test orders aren't possible).
  • Dynamic checkout is disabled (the buttons on the storefront are visible, but they redirect to the 'Checkout unavailable' page).
  • POS in-person sales are not possible.
  • Discounts (absent as option in Admin).
  • Abandoned checkout recovery (absent as option in Admin).
  • Creating gift cards and gift card exports.
  • Publishing products to Facebook, Pinterest.
  • Carrier Calculated Shipping (feature is non-functional, but the add-on & shipping account credentials remain so merchants won't have to re-add it once back on a paid plan). This feature is really only visible at the checkout anyways.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

@Oliver this is extremely helpful, thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 32 43

@Lagruga 

You're very welcome! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions while the account is paused. I'm always happy to help!

Warm regards!

0 Likes