Test order with audio jack card reader and Shopify Payment Test Mode / Bogus Gateway

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi,

I am wondering if there's any ways to pay for a test order with the credit card reader. I would love to use the shopify payment test mode or the bogus gateway. I know that we can by using a real transaction and then cancelling it, but that's not exactly what i'm looking for.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 41 104

Hi, @sebastienlabine!

Julie, here from the Shopify Support team. 

Placing a test order with your card reader is a great idea. While it's not possible to use the bogus gateway or the Shopify Payments test mode with in-person transactions, I would recommend testing it out by processing an order for a $1.00 quick sale item (you can refund the order later). Using the quick sale method also ensures you're not processing a transaction with an actual product, which would skew your inventory levels. I understand this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but this would be the easiest way to test out your audio jack card reader

Are you getting ready for a pop-up event or trade show? If so, you might be interested in checking out our blog post, Pop-Up Shops 101: Everything You Need to Know to Try Temporary Retail. There's a wealth of great advice in there to help you plan, execute, and measure the success of your own pop-op event. I think you'll find it pretty useful.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes