Test payment fails even with correct test payment card numbers

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

I've turned on the Test payment mode on my website. When I use any of the proposed test card numbers (e.g 378282246310005 for American Express) with a name (2 words), a future date and 3 digits for the CCV, the page refreshs and display an error message: "Your payment can’t be processed for technical reasons. Try again or use a different payment method."

When going in Shopify > Orders > Abandonned checkout, the error message in the transaction is "Unable to authorize €770,00 EUR on the American Express ending in 0005."  

Here below is a screenshot

After this, I turned off the test mode and used a real Mastercard

When submitting the payment form in the check out, it reloads the page with an error message "Unknown Order"

Can you tell me what I did wrong?

Screenshot of the transaction in test mode

2020-04-10_173047.png

Screenshot with test mode switched off and a real mastercard number

2020-04-10_175301.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
829 53 139

Hi, @Waxonius1 

Elle here from Shopify, happy to help shed some light on this situation! 

According to information I've found, the error code you are receiving is a "Data validation error". I would definitely recommend reaching out to Ogone's support so they can look directly into your account for any issues.

Would you be able to let me know what country you are operating your business from? Keep in mind that Ogone DirectLink doesn't support 3D Secure with Shopify, which is required to comply with European PSD2 regulations.

It may be the case that you will need to use an alternate payment gateway to accept payments, you can find gateways available in each region from our payment gateway page here. 

Hope this helps! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Elle,

Thanks for your fast answer.

We'll take contact with Ogone to check with them the issue

We're operating in Belgium

Pierre

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
829 53 139

This is an accepted solution.

No problem at all @Waxonius1 

Where you're in the EU it will be important that you consider a gateway with the 3D secure feature. 

You can find a full list of gateways available to you in Belgium here. You'll notice Ogone is not on this list as it has been partially disabled. This means that if you are currently using the gateway you can continue to do so, otherwise it is not an available gateway to integrate with. 

Hope you were able to gain additional insight from Ogone! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes