Test transactions not working - paypal err or"Invalid shipping address"

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi

We've set up a shopify store that is based in thailand - and we only ship locally in Phuket. Problem is, we've linked Paypal express check out - but when we are trying to do a test transation, paypal keeps saying "Shipping address is invalid" - even though it's fine!

Has anyone else had this error? I cant seem to find out what the issue is - our shipping zones are fine in the back end....

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 496

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I took a look into this for you. I used a Phuket address and it does show up ok as a valid address from your non-Paypal payment gateway which you can see here. This shows us as you mentioned that everything is set up correctly in the back end. 

From what you've mentioned, and because it does work ok on your store, it does seem like this is something coming from your Paypal settings or an API error on their end. After further investigating this for you, it seems like it could be related to this here. Your best bet with this would be to reach out to Paypal directly as they would know about their API errors better than anyone. Similar to the e-commerce university we have here, Paypal has their own online community where you can ask about this here. 

Any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Nick!

Just confirming that users wont be able to checkout without using paypal as the payment gateway though? 

I'll hit up the paypal forums - thanks very much for taking a look!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 496

Hi there,

You are correct, users won't be able to checkout without using Paypal, I just did a check for you on this. Looking good there. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes