Text message reordering

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I was wondering if it's currently possible for a customer to simply text our SMS number for an order refill and a link be generated based upon their previous order. The only thing post I could find that was similar to my situation was this: 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Text-Message-Ordering-Is-it-Possible-I...

From what I understand, this would have to be a manual process, but that post was made in 2016 and I'm wondering if there is anything that has come along since then that would satisfy my use case, i.e.:

Us: If you're running low, you can place a new order by texting us REORDER

Customer: REORDER

Us: {LINK BASED UPON THEIR PREVIOUS ORDER}

Is this possible?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
383 12 44

Hi, @quinteno 

Elle here from Shopify. 

Currently, we do not offer this as a native feature; however, I was able to track down a couple apps that may be worth looking into. 

SMSBump offers pre-built SMS / MMS flows, which indicates they may have the feature for re-orders. While not explicitly stated on the app page, I would recommend speaking to their support directly to confirm if this app can satisfy your needs!

SMS Notifications works with Liquid to create custom messaging. Based on this you should be able to create a re-order template! You can speak directly to the apps support here to confirm this. 

Giving your customers the option to re-order via SMS is a great strategy and I'll be sure to pass along this as a feature request to our developers. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes