The Shopify Shipping label is printing the addressed name twice?

fallslaser
Visitor
1 0 5

The purchased shipping label is printing all of our customers names twice, and our companies name twice. I know the package will get there, but I feel this looks unprofessional. I can't figure out how to fix this?? Anyone know? I've attached a picture for example.  

Shipping label.JPG

Replies 26 (26)

dunstontc
Visitor
1 0 0

Have been encountering this issue as well.

rrdreampad
Tourist
4 0 7

Same here

swatchdog
Visitor
1 0 1

I am encountering a similar problem. The return address on the shipping label shows the company name twice and doesn't show the 2nd line of our address (e.g. Suite #).

Phoebecakes_GF
Visitor
1 0 0

Evidently this is due to UPS label requirements. If the "company name" section is left blank, the double post appears. I spoke to Shopify help this afternoon and they gave this explanation. I haven't tested the theory yet, but I will and I'll report back. 

MBARAN
Tourist
5 0 4

I doubt this a UPS issue. When I purchase UPS labels from Amazon they come out perfect and look more professional. 

tcarneal
Visitor
1 0 2

I am experiencing the same issue, only happens with UPS. It's double printing both the company name in the return address and the customer's name in the shipping address like the example below:

Company Name
Company Name
123 Example Street
Boston, MA 12345

Customer Name
Customer Name
578 Sample Street
NY, NY 59552

jyl912
Excursionist
19 0 10

I am having the same issue and it seems like it’s a common complaint. Why hasn’t there been a solution offered by Shopify? So frustrating. 

skygoldshoppe
Visitor
1 0 2

Any solution to this issue yet? Seems like it has been awhile since this was first reported and is still happening.

MBARAN
Tourist
5 0 4

No solution yet. I would like to know if there are any stores that do not experience this or does this happen to everyone?

Anythingd1
Excursionist
18 0 1
Have you tried site: https://help.shopify.com/en
Just a thought?
Good luck.
jyl912
Excursionist
19 0 10

I’ve been told after making a number of calls that this is an issue with UPS. Nothing Shopify can do. Unless you have a info to put into the “company” line that is different from the “name” line, it will always print double. UPS told me there’s no other way around it. 

beepresentlife
Visitor
1 0 2

I understand it's a UPS API issue for customer name printing twice, however that would not explain the double printing of business name which has been a known issue since January 2020. Why hasn't Shopify addressed this? I was told to update legal name  - that did not work. 

PeakandShoal
Visitor
2 0 1

Has anybody gotten a fix to this issue? This looks terribly unprofessional on my packages...

MBARAN
Tourist
5 0 4

We are also having this issue.

MOGUL
Visitor
1 0 1

We are experiencing the very same issue. Has anyone found a resolution for this? I agree it looks tacky and unprofessional. 

benmanker
Visitor
2 0 0

Having the exact same issue as well. I’m pretty sure it’s only with UPS. Also I’ve noticed that when printing ups labels on 4x6 thermal, the labels are not centered and there’s white space on the top and left sides. It’s really annoying because parts and get cut off. I don’t have this problem with usps labels.

Side note: has anyone else recent been having issues with USPS packages getting stuck in Kansas City, Kansas distribution center for days on end? 

MarkZalme
Excursionist
23 0 8

Has anyone found a fix for this?  I'm having the same problem and it looks terribly unprofessional.

ben-manker
Visitor
1 0 2

The only thing I’ve found to work is downloading each label and drawing a white box over the text so it doesn’t print. Not very functional but I don’t think there’s any other solution as of now. I think its a problem with UPS.

MarkZalme
Excursionist
23 0 8

Thank you!

SRAV
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi, I am having the same issue . My company name is printed twice at the top .Did you find a fix for that?

Also I noticed that in the "Ship To" section it prints my customer name twice as below. Is this recognized by UPS shipping? Thanks for your help!

Ship To: Customer name 

Phone number 

Customer name

Address 

Char5
Visitor
1 0 2

Same issue here. This is the answer I received from Shopify:

Looks as though this is expected behavior for UPS and DHL Express labels, based on the design of the carrier's APIs. For UPS specifically, the company name needs to be there twice for a Name and an Attention Name field and for the customer, there is a field for name and company name. If they don't list a company name, then their name just gets sent twice to fulfill UPS's requirements.

SineShipandco
Shopify Partner
29 3 12

Hi @fallslaser 

If you are using UPS to make a shipment for your Shopify order, you can try using Ship&co application to print UPS shipping labels. This application integrates directly with Shopify store, syncing Shopify order information in real-time, while also integrates with major carriers such as UPS, FedEx & DHL, helping you to print the shipping labels in 2 clicks. 

Here's a tutorial video how to print UPS label.

It's very simple and easy to integrate your Shopify store to Ship&co. You can get your account from this link (free of charge, no credit card info required) and then set your account to be ready to make a shipment from here & add Shopify store as suggested in this support page.

Hope this solution helps you shipping process easier and error-free! 

Best,

Ship&co l www.shipandco.com
All-in-One Shipping Management Solution for Global E-commerce
日本初クラウドベースの出荷管理システム

nulosangeles
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue as the other replies. Any update, @Shopify

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 94

Hi @nulosangeles 

The format of a shipping label depends on which carrier and class you choose when you're buying a label. You can't edit the label format because each carrier has specific requirements for their labels.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

StimulatedInc
Visitor
1 0 1

We are also getting the double company and customer names printed on our UPS labels. It looks sloppy. Shopify, can you please fix this?

na92129
Tourist
6 0 2

Does anyone have update on this?  It is creating confusion for customers.