The payment method used isn't available

Highlighted
1 0 2

I have had this happen to me twice and I believe the customers are using shopify payment. It will say one payment attempt....and -The payment method used isn't available.   I can't see what their attempt was and I have no payment to capture. I didn't think the payment methods would show up as options at checkout if I don't have them approved on my admin payment tab so why are they being denied? 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 602

Hi @Murray2019,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This does look very strange alright. It's very difficult to know exactly what's going on without taking a closer look at your payment gateway through the admin. Would it be ok to send you an email to continue this conversation and be able to take a look at this for you? If so could you confirm if the best email to reach you on is the one you signed up to the community with? Let me know!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 3

Hi - I am having the same error message once I try to process a test order in my website. Can you please help me?

The error message read "Payment gateway This payment method isn’t available on the store right now"

3 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 602

Hi @ooohgaga,

There are a couple of different ways you can process a test order. Can I ask how you went about processing it? Once I know how you tried to do the test order it will greatly help troubleshoot what might be going on for you. 

In the meantime, there is a guide for how to do a test order with all the different ways from Shopify which could definitely be worth your while reading. It might also help you discover what happened the first time. You can read it here

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same error message once I try to process a test order in my website. Can you please help me?

The error message read "Payment gateway This payment method isn’t available on the store right now"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 602

Hi @indiangentleman,

It's difficult to troubleshoot anything for you on this without seeing more details. I have reached out to you directly via email on the email address you signed up to the community with to troubleshoot this further. It will require some sensitive information which is why I reached out to you directly. If for any reason you didn't receive an email, please let me know in a reply here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I want to enable payment mode cash on delivery.  How?  In setting i enable cod. But when we checkout . above message is coming . how to solve the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 602

Hi @djhubq8,

I'm not able to see any message in your reply so I'm not 100% sure what you are seeing. 

But when we checkout . above message is coming . how to solve the issue. 

Shopify has a helpful guide which goes through all the steps for how to set up and activate manual payment methods such as Cash on Delivery (COD). You can see and read it here

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am new to shopify and currently on the trial version. I want to see if the platform suits the needs of my shop before I actually commit. So I have been simulating different scenarios to check whether everything is working properly.

The preferred payment method I have chosen is manual paymets. When I simulate a checkout, I am getting the error message "Payment gateway This payment method isn’t available on the store right now". Please let me know how this can be fixed.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I was also getting that message until I choose a plan and entered my credit card information. Although my card would not be charged it still needed to be entered. After I did that I was able to complete the test scenario with cash without receiving that message again.

0 Likes