The perfect online payment solution

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all !

I would like to have your opinion, on the payment way that you generaly integrated in Shopify.

For you, what do you looking for, when you integrate a payment solution on Shopify (Strype, Adyen ....) ?

The cheapest commissions? An easy integration? or simply the solution pushed by Shopify?

What would be the essential things?

Varied means of payment? Few processes to register ....?

And finally what are the "annoying" points?

If you answer it would be very nice !

Thanks for all !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Hi there @JeanLouis154!

Don here from Shopify. :)

I think that your query here would be best answered by your fellow merchants, but there are a couple of general points I wanted to share from my experience.

Generally speaking, merchants will seek to provide as many ways to pay as possible to their customers.

Anything that makes is easier for your customers to pay will generally be preferable for a business.

In that light, we would usually see merchants opt for direct or onsite gateways, as opposed to indirect or offsite options.

The former type of integration will allow your customers to check out without leaving Shopify while the latter will require them to complete payment on another site or by way of a pop-up modal or window.

The fewer 'clicks to purchase' the more likely your customers are to stay with you and complete their purchase.

If you can confirm in which country your store will be based, we can share a full list of gateways available for use there so you can start researching your options.

Hopefully, some of your fellow merchants will be able to draw on their own practical experience and share specific recommendations with you.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for you answer Don !

I come from France, but actually, we would like to improve our payment solution, It's why, I asked these questions ;)

So, If I'm right, for you, the most important is to provide as many ways to pay as possible. The price comes later.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Hi again!

Okay, great, good to know!

You can see the full list of payment gateways available for use in France here.

There's quite a large range of options there, so spend some time looking at the different providers and research their pros and cons.

Best of luck with everything. :)

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes