There's no useful payment gateway available in my country

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi, I'm from Algeria and the only payment gateways available in my country are: 

• BitPay
  • Coinbase Commerce
  • GoCoin
  • PayPal Express Checkout

My question is that if I use for instance Skrill or checkout.com, Will this cause a problem for me like getting banned? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 160

Hi, there. 

This is Dallas from the Social Care team here at Shopify. 

At the moment the only payment gateways that are available for your country are the ones that you have listed above. We are working to increase the number of available options for each country, but for the moment Skrill and Checkout won't be compatible with your store. The most efficient option for you will be to use one of the gateways on the list for Algeria. 

I hope this helps to clarify. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know! We also have live support here 24/7 to help you out.
Dallas. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi, Now that's a very big problem for me because I'm gonna run ads and when I pay for someone to come to my store and that someone doesn't have a PayPal account then they will live simply because they can't buy my product!! 

So I lost two things in this case: 1 A willing to buy costumer, 2 some money that I paid for that person to visit my website!!!

So please give me a solution here because I've created a dummy store and connected the "Checkout.com" payment method and apparently it looks fine the checkout page works super fine.

My question is that since this method (Checkout.com) worked for me and Shopify don't list it as "working for Algeria", Will it work fine without Shopify going after my store and shut it down? because honestly, I can't use just PayPal for my store, even those cryptocurrency payment gateways are not working for me! please solve this nightmare for me because I'm the only one who's facing this problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 160

I completely understand! It's very important to capture your customers attention immediately to make that sale. 

If Checkout.com is attached to your store already then you are good to go. You won't be flagged or banned if you use that gateway. So, by all means, please keep on using it. 

You said that you are going to pay for ads to bring more customers to your store. Do you have a specific ad structure that you are planning to use? If you have any questions at all along the way I will be more than happy to help. 

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hey how did you connect checkout to Shopify store ? in my country only available options is Paypal and 2checkout . please help

0 Likes