Three products, multiple orders

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi team,

We're looking for some advice on our shop, www.ironcladpan.com

We have one product, The Ironclad Pan. When somebody buys more than one product, it groups all of the products into one customer order. See photo evidence below:

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 11.43.18 AM.png

In the example above, one customer has ordered four products.

How do you split those four products into four order numbers?

We need the order number to be unique to each individual product. When someone buys multiples of the same product, they get multiple unique order numbers.

Any help would be incredible.

Thank you!

Joe Carter

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
101 16 22

Hi @IroncladPan 

I don't think this it's possible without further use of an app.

The order is what the customer paid for, the transaction is tied to that order, so you can't split the payments. That said you will be able to create $0 orders with the correct products and attach the customer to them, while modifying the current order.

This will require a very specific use case and I can't say for certain if there is an App for this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 62

Hi @IroncladPan,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

I'd love to know more about your business. May I ask why you need a unique order number for each product ordered?

The only way to have a unique order number for each product ordered is for them to be placed on unique orders. Like @ikolarov mentioned you could create additional $0 orders using the draft order feature. However, you would need to consider inventory counts and manually ensure the inventory is correct. If you would like to use draft orders to accomplish this, take a look at our tutorial here.

Since the new year is still fresh in our minds, have you set any goals for your business for 2020? If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend taking a look at our free Goal Setting course taught by Shark Tank's Daymond John.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes