Tiered shipping not working with different variants of same product? (Better Shipping)

Highlighted
27 0 0

Hi everyone,

Trying to set up my shipping rates for a product with multiple variants, but I'm not getting the desired shipping results when I run a test purchase. My product is priced for a "Free plus shipping" campaign as below:

Product X (3 variants) - $0.00 for all variants.

Variant A
Variant B
Variant C

My shipping for the purchase of 1 item is set to $6.00. For 2 or more of that item, I want to charge $4.00. I have set these prices accordingly into the Better Shipping app and enabled the "Better Shipping generated rates" option.

For 1x Variant A, shipping is $6.00.
For 2x Variant A, shipping is $10.00
For 1x Variant A + 1x Variant C, shipping is $12.00.

Is there any reason Better Shipping doesn't recognize the purchase of a second variant as counting toward the discounted shipping and is there anything I can do to correct this? I expect to have many orders with people buying multiple variants all at once and I want to be sure they get the discount to encourage them to buy as many as possible.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there!

Have you tried reaching out to the Better Shipping developer? I'm sure they will be able to support you with this. Keep in mind that it was a long weeknd so they may be a bit behind with support :) 

If Better Shipping is unable to calculate down to variants (I'm not fluent in their app functionality), our app, Intuitive Shipping can easily handle your set up. Our app is kind of like a shipping app on steroids (it can do literally any calculation), so I would hold off and wait to see if they get back to you first, since we do have a higher pricepoint. 

Best of luck!

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
27 0 0

Thank you Sharon, I sent them an email per your suggestion and will post their response so others may benefit from it. :)

0 Likes