Too much time for payout

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello guys, I have one question or issue. I use 2Checkout as my payment provider but the payout(the money which I need to get from the customers) takes so long. It's something like: If I get some sales from 1st to 7th day in the month, I get a payout on the 16th. And it has to be a minimum of 50 USD, EUR or GBP. Does anyone have a better idea? Because it seems that my customer has to wait more than a month to get their product. By the way, 2Checkout was the only option for my country...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 105

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Hristijan!

Julie here from Shopify Support. 

When it comes to third-party payment gateways, payout times typically differ. Taking a look at 2Checkout's FAQ on payouts, it looks like you may be able to change your minimum transfer limit so that it's lower than $50. It also might be a good idea to reach out to 2Checkout directly, as they will have more insight into how their payout times work.

While I can understand that it can be difficult to fulfill your orders prior to your payout, it's very important to ensure that your customers are receiving their orders in a timely matter. This is especially important if you're dropshipping, as shipping can take up to a few weeks. Because of this, it's highly recommended that you have a reserve of funds set aside so that you can fulfill orders quickly. Not only will this increase customer satisfaction, but it can help prevent against chargebacks, which typically occur when a customer doesn't receive their order in an expected timeframe. 

If you are absolutely unable to fulfill the orders prior to receiving the payout, then it's important that you're clear with your customers as to when they can expect their order. One way you can do this is by adding a shipping policy to your checkout page. You could also edit your shipping rates in Settings > Shipping so that the rate name displays an estimated shipping time (for example, the rate could be named something like "Free Shipping: 15-20 days").

Oberlo also has a great blog post called, "10 Shipping Tips to Make Your Life Easier (And Customers Happier)" I recommend checking out. It includes some great advice on how you can improve your shipping strategy to make your life easier and your customers happier. I think you'll find it pretty useful!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes