Transaction Declined in my own shop

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am all set with my online store. However, when I tried to order to check payment etc., my transaction was declined. I used my credit card, and they declined it. When I went in 'Test Mode' and put fake card information from Shopify Website, then the order went through and transaction was successful. What could be the issue? Is it Shopify Payment issue or my cards issue?

Also, it says my Shopify Payment isn't set. Now I am from India and I am living temporarily in U.S. So how do I set my payment so I can start receiving payments in my Indian Bank Account. I have already subscribed to monthly plan, and this is my first month so I have my payment information set up in the account. 

Kindly help me with these two queries. 

P.S. Paypal payment system is succesfully set up with my private account. Also what should I do to the fake order? Refund it or cancel it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2160 102 307

There are to many factors involved that can cause this and not enough details.

Contact support@shopify.com

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @Nash11!

Don here from Shopify. :)

There are a couple of things to be aware of here, most importantly that it would not be possible to use Shopify Payments USA with an Indian bank account.

If you intend to continue to use Shopify Payments for your US store you will need to be able to provide a US bank account, proof of US citizenship and an independently-verifiable address (not a PO box, verified by utility bill or similar).

If you have not already provided this information; this is likely why your payments are not going through as your Shopify Payments account is not fully set up.

Stores based in the USA will be able to choose between these payment gateway providers whereas if you are based in India you will instead have the choice of Indian payment gateway options instead. 

Any payment gateway you choose will have requirements for setting up an account and getting paid out by them, so be sure to choose a gateway that is available where you are based and for which you will be able to supply all required documentation to ensure you can take payments from your customers and get paid out in turn.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes