Transaction failed !HELP!

Solved
1 0 0

HI, I am trying to buy a domain and a plan but I am not able. For the plan it says (We could not verify your credit card. Transaction failed.) , Im using a Visa credit card

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 22 34

Hello @1yassine10,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. :-) 

Are you using a debit or credit card for the payment? At this time, it's not possible to use a debit card for payments so you would need to be entering either a valid credit card from Mastercard, Visa, or American Express. As well the card would need to be able to accept recurring payments. We don't accept any other form of payment here at Shopify (such as Paypal etc as mentioned in this guide), so if you are using a valid credit card and it's still not working, I'd recommend reaching out to your bank for more info.

Please let me know how this goes! Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info.

Thanks a mill, 

Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0
Hi I am trying to purchase a theme with my visa debit card on file but it says “transaction failed”!? I’m not sure why because the same card on file I used to purchase Shopify & also to purchase a domain, but now I’m trying to buy a Shopify theme & it’s saying “transaction failed”. I thought it was because of the conversion rate, my bank is CAD & the purchase is $140 USD, so I went to the bank & put the right amount money in CAD to make it $140 USD. I just tried again & it’s saying “transaction failed” PLEASE HELP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 22 34

Hi @Calidad,

Are you using a debit card for the subscription? If so, the reason the charge went through for the domain was that it was a once-off charge. For a subscription plan, this is a recurring monthly charge with no set amount guaranteed. Because your monthly invoice may vary depending on transaction fees and app charges, some banks will not approve of our charge. A great breakdown of how we charge in full can be found here if you would like to take a look.

For this reason, we would always recommend using a credit card instead of a debit. This error may also occur if you are using a digital banking service, such as Revolut. If you are currently using a credit card from a bank though, we would recommend contacting your bank directly for more info.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes