Troubles with getting paid

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello, dears! I have received a feedback from my customer that the paiment with credit card attempt through Stripe system at my shop returned with a mistake "Your paiment could not be processed now, please try again later" - that repeated for three times and the payment was not processed. Stripe dashboard doesn't indicate any mistakes or notices at all. How could I check if the trouble is of repeated character or not and what could I do to fix it? THank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 151

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Konstantin_PR,

Thank you for getting in touch. If you are using Stripe to process credit card payments and customers paying by card are having issues checking out, this is not something our team could troubleshoot directly for you. As Stripe is a third-party payment provider, you would need to contact them directly so they can check the status of your merchant account and see if there are any issues that may be causing this error. You can reach their support team here.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 5 15

Hi Konstantin_PR,

Sorry to hear that you're having an unpleasant experience with Stripe at the moment. If you visit Stripe's webpage [https://stripe.com/covid-19] they shared an announcement. COVID-19 hit the entire payment processing industry with new and unprecedented challenges. A Wall Street Journal article dated June 15, 2020 -- revealed how Stripe, Square and Paypal will begin the practice of holding back 30% of merchant transactions in "reserve" as collateral against skyrocketing consumer chargebacks. That's not a rumor. Here the article. https://www.wsj.com/articles/hit-by-coronavirusand-a-30-holdback-by-the-payment-processor-1159204060...

SOLUTION

1. Give online shoppers a variety of payment options.
  2. Consider a "debit card only option" -- that eliminates the risk of consumer chargebacks.
  3. Consider accepting eChecks and Instant Bank Direct Debit -- both of those options eliminate the risk of consumer chargebacks.
  4. Set up a digital wallet. Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay are all excellent options.

Hopefully, those links shine helped shine a light on how your payment processing service has been impacted by COVID-19. But, don't lose hope! There are excellent solutions right here are on Shopify. You can boost sales, retain customers, and even grow during COVID. But you'll have to use the right tools.

Got questions? Reach out.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James 

CEO of KJ ProWeb | a Shopify approved Partner & expert web developer

kevin@kjproweb.com

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Victor, thanks lots for your feedback. I'll do as you say - contact Stripe suuport. Take care!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Kevin, thank you for explanation. Have a great day!

0 Likes