Trying to disable all shipping options and only offer local pickup, but I can't get it to work...

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a local business and we sell all of our items through Shopify and customers pickup locally after their purchase. 

There has been confusion from my customers in the past because they received fulfillment emails that made it sound like their product would be shipped which contradicts everything we tell them through our site and social media. I have read all the related forum posts and tried changing the settings within the Shipping & Delivery section many times and it is set up better now than it was and more customers are choosing pickup but some people still end up finding a way to choose an option other than pickup, but when I do a test checkout the only option that shows up is pick up. 

Additional details are that I have only one location and I am attaching screenshots of my current settings which I thought were set properly. Also some screenshots of an order that went through as pickup and one that went through as to be fulfilled.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 12.41.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 12.44.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 12.49.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 12.53.26 PM.png

Any help on this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

Hi, @Alex1111.

My name is Tira and I am here to help.

Thank you for your question and for the details. I understand you want to make sure only local pick-up is available to your customers at checkout. I appreciate you took some troubleshooting steps to look into resolving this on your own. Could you take a look at this help doc: Setting up local pickup and tell me which steps you've tried? 

Do you find that this is happening on specific products? I noticed that in your first screenshot, there is a "Shipping not required" message and in your second screenshot, that message is unavailable. Would you be able to take a screenshot of your product details for me so that I can take a look?

Do you have any screenshots of when your customers experience this? Any details that you have would help me look into this further for you.

Chat soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes