Trying to make a single item free on store with Shipping and handling as the only charge.

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am getting an error when I try to get this to work?  I think I might have some of the shipping zones wrong.  Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 45 130

Hi, @Chriswalter!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Creating a "free plus shipping" product offering is an effective way to entice customers and generate sales. How have you tried setting this up so far and what kind of error message are you seeing?  

To help you implement this, Oberlo has actually put together a helpful guide on creating "free plus shipping" offers. In this guide, you'll learn how to set up your shipping rates and product details so that your customers only pay a shipping and handling fee in the checkout. There's also screenshots to help you follow along. When setting this up on your online store, did you refer to this guide? 

I also wanted to pass along a blog post, "How To Start A Successful Free Plus Shipping Business". Even if you aren't using Oberlo, this is a great post to help you create, market, and manage a "free plus shipping" business. I think you'll find it quite useful! 

I'd love to hear more about your business plans. Are you only selling a single item, or are you selling other items with only one product being free? What kind of products are you selling? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Julie,

Thanks for the reply. I have completed all the steps however I can't for
the life of me get the product to work. I am attaching a screenshot to
show the error I get when I try to checkout with the product.

Thanks for the interest. I am in the Pet Niche focusing on Dogs. I am
struggling to generate any clear sales right now. I am working on any
strategies I can find right now but nothing brings any real help. I am
trying to add this free product to my store to see if I can generate
traffic and sales with it. Can you help me get this set up?

Thanks again for your kind interest and assistance. Wish me luck!! I need
it right now.

Best,

Chris
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 45 130

Thanks for the followup, Chris! 

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a screenshot in your reply. Are you able to try sharing that again? If you're still having troubles attaching the screenshot, you could also simply copy and paste the error message you're seeing. 

I appreciate you sharing some more information about your business. It sounds like you've found a great niche. What have you been doing to market your store? Facebook and Instagram ads are quite common marketing tactics and can be especially useful for promoting "free plus shipping" deals and you can even create Facebook marketing campaigns directly through Shopify.

For some more ideas on how you can boost traffic and generate sales for your business, I suggest checking out Oberlo's blog post, "Fail, Fail, Success! How These Entrepreneurs Cracked the Code With Their Pet Business". There are a ton of great tips in there that are pretty relevant to your niche. We also have our own blog post called "How to Make Your Pet Business Profitable" that also includes some tangible marketing pointers. 

If you're still experiencing checkout issues with the "free plus shipping" product, please let me know exactly what the error message is and I'd be happy to offer some further troubleshooting steps. Alternatively, you can reach out to our live support team at any time; they'll able to access your admin and take a look at things on their end. 

Looking forward to your update!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes