Turn off "shipment out for delivery" and "delivered" email notification

1 0 0

Hi there,

I'm using Aftership and Omnisend on my ecommerce store. However i need to turn off the "A shipment from order XXX is on the way" email. This email is already being sent from Aftership and Omnisend, so at the moment my customers are getting two emails which is a bit spammy. 

I believe someone needs to connect to my store and turn this feature off. 

P.S. Can the order confirmation email also be turned off? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hey, @moemetwally!

My name is Lulu, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

At the moment, the only two notifications that can be turned off (unless you are on our Shopify plus plan) are the "Shipment Out for Delivery" and the "Shipment Delivered" notification. The order confirmation email cannot be disabled at this time, however, you can manually uncheck notifications from the order. We have a guide on that here that you can check out!

I can switch these 2 notifications off for you internally now if you like, I'll just need to authenticate you as the account owner first before I can do this. I will send an email attached to this forum account, and once I receive a response to my security questions, I can turn that feature off for you.

Let me know what you think, feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey Lulu,

I need to do the same. I'd like to have one shipment on the way confirmation email go out. Ideally, once it hits the carrier system, its actually in route and a tracking number has been issued. Whats the best way to do this and which email notifications do I need to turn off. I'm using Shopify's notifcations email for now. I have more design control over them(which I like!) than I do with Shipstation.  My account email is: jonathan@gruffandtumble.com

Please advise asap. Thanks. 

- Jonathan, shop owner

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hi, @JONATHAN_GERVAS.

The two options you can turn off are the "Shipment Out for Delivery" and the "Shipment Delivered" notification. The order confirmation email cannot be disabled at this time, however, you can manually uncheck notifications from the order. I will send you an email and you can let me know which one you want to turn off.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Lulu, 

Would you also be able to turn those notifications off me?  I'm using Omnisend and AfterShip to send the notifications.

"Shipment out for delivery"

"Shipment delivered"

Thank you, 

Lauren

0 Likes