Turning off all credit card payment options

Solved
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello! I've been looking for a solution to this but I haven't been able to conjure up an answer. I want to shut off all Credit Card Payment options on my store and only use Alternative payments. When I uncheck everything, Shopify tells me that I need to have at least one "Enable at least 1 payment method or accelerated checkout.".

Is there an actual way through the admin panel or through code to completely remove the ability to purchase the order with a credit card on my store?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
211 13 32

Hi, there. 

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team. 

Have you tried setting up your alternative gateway first and then disabling any main credit card gateways? Do you receive an error message? What about keeping PayPal as a main gateway payment method? While PayPal does accept credit card, the main method is to use a PayPal balance. Which methods are you hoping to work with? Keep in mind that transaction fees will apply if you are solely using an alternative provider.

Let me know if those methods work out!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Ren!

Thanks for reaching out. I have manual payment methods setup but no alternative methods. My goal is to not let anyone pay with a credit card or payment system on my store. I am totally okay with fee's, I just want to use my manual payment methods.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
211 13 32

Hi, again! 

Okay, got it. Here's what needs to be done. Head over to Settings > Payment Providers and select Manage under Shopify Payments. 

22-19-msmm1-4yhk2

On that screen, you'll need to scroll to the bottom where you'll see Deactivate Shopify Payments in red: 

22-19-plq18-mtlz5

Once that's done, you should be able to apply your desired alternative payment methods and not see any prompts to add a credit card gateway. Let me know if you run into any issues! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Ren! Thank you so much for the help, that's exactly what I was looking for. For some reason I could never find that solution online. You're the best, thanks for the fast help!!

-AK

1 Like