UAE - Shopify payment option missing

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello guys,

I've read similar articles and the docs too about Shopify payments not supporting UAE right now. However in our case we are only catering to business outside UAE and will only be accepting USD payments on all our digital products. 

We have a US bank account in our legal company name too and the rest of the details as well.

Can you please advice the next steps?

Many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
366 36 101

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @aizazzaheer,

Thank you for reaching out. At this time, Shopify Payments is not currently available for merchants based in the United Arab Emirates, irrespective of where the business in question is wanting to sell their products.

The Shopify Payments Terms of Service covers the requirements in more detail, and does specify the following:

The Payments Services are only made available to persons in United States that operate a business selling goods and services.

If you and your business are not based in the United States or another eligible country, you will not be permitted to use the gateway. Our payments team will often ask for certain pieces of verification from merchants using Shopify Paymenst to ensure that they are meeting our eligibility requirements.

There are, however, a number of other payment gateways available to merchants based in the UAE, which can be found here. Once you have set up a merchant account with one or more of these gateways, they can easily be activated within the Shopify admin and this will allow you to take and receive payments via your online store.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you Victor, all clear - Choosing Paypal business account and it's checkout now. 

I could not find the transaction charges, could you please be kind enough to send that here incase I missed?

Many thanks,

Aizaz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
366 36 101

Hi @aizazzaheer,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get PayPal set up correctly on your store. When you're accepting payments via PayPal and/ or another third-party gateway, you will be subject to transaction fees that are paid to Shopify. The rate that you pay depends on which plan you are on.

If you head to our pricing page, you'll be able to see a list of these rates. At the time of writing, the transaction fee rate is 2% for the Basic plan, 1% for the Shopify plan, and 0.5% for the Advanced plan. Whilst these fees are paid to Shopify, you will likely also be subject to processing fees paid directly to the gateway processing the payments for your orders.

I hope this explains things but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Victor,

Thanks for your help. Everything sounds fine except we are facing a weird issue.

I've setup PayPal Express Checkout and created a buy button and a checkout link to test.

If I open the link in UAE, it shows me an option of PayPal button and upon clicking that just shows me to sign in or 'Create an account'. Now what's strange is when we press on 'Create an account' it shows us to pay using credit/debit card which is misleading and I'm afraid people might not be able to get it.

The same issue was referenced here but there was no solution which helped him or me...

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Paypal-Create-Account-button-leads-to-...

Could you share some insights on this?

PS - I tested with an UK and Canadian based server, it shows them the correct option of 'Pay with Debit/Credit Card' but not in our region. You think its a region issue but strange right?

0 Likes