UK Paypal Pay in 3 Instalments Button / Intergration

NB-OTB
Visitor
1 0 1

We want to include the Paypal Pay in 3 option onto our shopify site.

We currently have PayPal integrated into Shopify's Express Check out method. Does this support the Pay in 3 Option button? I can see pay in 3 as an option when I click the existing paypal button on the n /cart page, but we would like to add it as a button/option in /checkout pages and on /cart as a button/option in its won right.

Can anyone shed some light on Pay in 3 / Shopify integration? 

Replies 12 (12)

CourtneyMiller
Excursionist
79 1 4

Do you have Shopify Plus? If you don't have the Shopify Plus subscription, then I don't think we can do the UI for the button/options on the checkout page since we would require access to the Checkout code (which is only available to Shopify Plus merchants). 

We should be able to get the Pay-in-3 option to show on the cart page though. If you want help on this, just pop us a message at support@shypyard.io. You can also check us out at shypyard.io 

Cheers,

Courtney

seantrigell
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi is the Paypal pay in 3 still not available with Shopify. I have looked through the integrations on Paypal and it seems to be the only e-commerce site not available. 

SiCymru
Visitor
2 0 7

We would also like to add some form of payment in instalments to our website and have been told by paypal we cannot add pay in 3 to our UK shopify. Apparently this is available in the US.

hardw
Tourist
7 0 5

We would also like to add Paypal pay in 3, this is available on almost all ecommerce platforms in the UK apart from Shopify? very disappointing!

Dantheman77
Visitor
2 0 2

I have just been onto Paypal about this - they claim it's a shopify issue, not theirs.

I think its madness it doesn't integrate with Shopify.

matson645
Tourist
4 0 1

it can be coded into the site via the theme customise  the code I use is 

<div
data-pp-message
data-pp-style-layout="flex"
data-pp-style-ratio="8x1"
data-pp-style-color="blue"
data-pp-amount="{{ product.selected_or_first_available_variant.price | money_without_currency | remove: "," | divide_by: 100 }}">
</div>

<script
src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id={YOUR PAYPAL CLIENT ID} &components=messages,buttons">
</script>

This produced the blue box on all products and calcs the PayPal amounts for pay in 3. 

Screenshot 2023-09-08 104728.png

Dantheman77
Visitor
2 0 2

Thanks for this - the chap who does my backend/coding added this (or very similar) and we ran a test on it. The paypal part of it works fine, however shopify doesn't register it as a sale, so the customer gets no confirmation at all from the website, just a standard paypal email. You have to enter the slae/customer details manualy, which seems a backward and somewhat clunky,

matson645
Tourist
4 0 1

no worries,  if you already have the standard dynamic express checkout buttons (Google Pay, apple, Shop, Paypal) which are now in most themes..  then the customer when paying via PayPal will get the pay in 3 option within PayPal so you should not need a separate button, this was the only way i got around it due to Shopify's lack of integrations. 

avi13
Visitor
1 0 0

hi

whats your website called?

matson645
Tourist
4 0 1

take a look on Just Geek | For The Love of Geek | Geek Gifts any product page should show the paypal 

reefloat
Excursionist
20 1 16

did you have any success with this?

Aquamax
Visitor
1 0 0

Is there any update on this shopify? I have spoken with Paypal and they say shopify needs to do it!