UK Postcodes

Highlighted
7 0 0

I am trying to use the Addition APP to add delivery charges in set areas in the UK. Do you have to enter the full postcode or can be it be set up to accept the first 3 digits of the postcodes I want to add?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I have sorted this issue now using the wildcard rules.

Cheers
Derek

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Derek,

Would you mind me asking which app are you using for UK postcodes and how did you enter the wildcard rules? I tried one app out and the wildcard rules didn't seem to work so I am thinking that I might have done something wrong.

Any advice would be appreciated as it's driving me mad trying to set up shipping for various parts of the UK and Ireland.

Many thanks

Graham

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Graham,

I resolved all my issues emailing the App developer directly. Which App are you using? I fully understand how frustration the postcode Apps are and I am surprised my laptop didn't end up in pieces:-)

Cheers
Derek

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Derek,

I have given up for now as I too nearly threw my computer out of the window! I tried a few different apps but they all seem to be designed for the US and not the UK. I don't think they realise that the UK has different shipping zones such as the Highlands and Islands of Scotland where shipping is a lot more expensive. I have read many threads and everyone in the UK is unhappy at not being able to do such a simple task.

I am now looking at other options as looking back on old threads this issue has been going on for the past 5+ years and Shopify are still no further forward with resolving it!

Many thanks

Graham

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I used postcode shipping and I had the same problem i.e. channel islands, Isle of wight etc. being classed as different countries. I have sent a screen print of the different zones I created and in each zone are different categories for weight, order value and highlands. I have also taken a screen shot of the wildcards postcodes, which I hope helps.

Good luck
Derek

divingdexter_0-1596985274648.png

divingdexter_1-1596985404124.png

divingdexter_2-1596985573163.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Thank you Derek, that is such a great help, I will look into this.

Did you have to have a Shopify Plus account to use this app, or can you do it on the basic Shopify account?

Best regards

Graham

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

We have the Std, account and it was my wife who did all the website build. 

kind regards 

Derek

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Derek,

Thank you for confirming and well done to your wife, she must have a lot of patience!

Kind regards

Graham

0 Likes