UK Shipping Help

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi all,

can someone please help with UK shipping?  I was with UPS until today when they put their rates up and anounced they only want to play with the big companies and not with us small online shops.  Problem is I manually input all my shipping rates for each country and each weight.  Every product I have has a weight and when the customer adds items to his cart the weights are totalled up and shipping worked out based on the total weight (volumetric) of the goods.  So I'm looking for a new shipping company that can do large boxes of fragile goods and more to the point will just intergrate with my cart so I don't have to add their shipping rates into my store for each weight and each country.  Hope that all makes sense?

For example is I open a DHL acconut and then add their App will the rates I get then appear at the customers end when he or she adds an item to their cart or will I have again to manually input all the prices?

Thank you in advance

Si

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 168

Hey, Si!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

After reading your post and did some research, I recommend the following for you. Knowing that you had gone through the trouble of manually setting up the shipping rates so they reflected your UPS rates and your needs to customize shipping rates by products' weights, there are two steps to the solution. 

There are a few shipping apps in the Shopify app store that can make this a lot easier for you, such as Better Shipping, Advanced Shipping Rules, and Parcelify. These apps can help you customize your shipping setting by products, by regions, and possibly integrated all the major shipping companies. Please keep in mind that in order to use these apps, it's required that you have custom calculated shipping package (CCS), which is an additional $20 per month if you are on monthly Basic and Shopify plan but free of charge if you sign up with one of our annual plans. To purchase the package or switch your monthly plan to one of our annual plans, please contact our support center

I also checked out the DHL app you had mentioned in the post. One thing to note is that this app doesn't support the UK.

It's best not to install that app because it won't be able to support your shipping settings with DHL.

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply and most helpful.  I do have an anual plan and have emailed a person called Jeff on your support team twice now to turn on the custom calculated shipping.  But now that I know DHL in the UK is no supported I have to wonder if it was worth all the agro to get me here.  I have just changed from UPS through a third party (CSM) who don't have an App to OrderCup as the thrid party and DHL as the carrier.  OrderCup do not understand the CCS so I guess their App wont intergrate into CCS.  Heres hoping it does.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 168

Hi, Si!

The three shipping apps I had mentioned on the previous post do require having custom calculated shipping package turned on first in order for them to work properly. DHL works in the UK but the app itself doesn't. The three shipping apps, however, do. I recommend you check out each one of them and see which one works best for you. Don't forget to remove the less desirable ones before their free trial period ends to avoid charges. 

I'm not quite certain about how the apps would integrate with the OrderCup app. That being said, once you have selected the shipping app you would like to move forward to, you can always ask the app's support to clarify on if how it can integrate with the OrderCup or perhaps what's the workaround if it doesn't. 

Let me know how it goes!

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes