UK Shipping Help

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 1 1

Hi all,

I run a UK based company but ship worldwide using UPS via a middle company (CSM) so I get better rates than if I went direct to UPS.  I've painstakingly added all the rates so that hard works done but my problem is this.  I have to manually cut and paste from the sales invoice into the shipping companies page all the customers details.  Not a long job but after 5 customers its easy to have wasted an hour just doing cut n paste.  Does anyone know of a better way of doing this or an alterantive to using this middle company?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 21

Hi there Simon!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

Thanks for posting your question here about your external shipping service.

It sounds like what you are looking to do would be handled pretty well by a partner app; though I've had a look for any relating to the CSM service you mentioned and there doesn't seem to be any as of yet.

Not to worry; as you can still automate this yourself by way of a private app created using our API.

If you're not a developer yourself, you could consider hiring an Expert Developer from our Experts community to put an app together to automate this process for you and free up your time for some more important or enjoyable tasks!

Hope there is something useful here for you Simon, let us know here whenever you have any further questions, please! :)

Regards,
John D | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Do you have an account with UPS or CSM does that for you? I would suggest you to create an account and start shipping with your own account using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app. Initially you would not get the same amount of discounts, but as you ship more and more you will have the volume by which you can approach UPS again and ask for renegotiation of your contract. Also using the app you will not longer be required to add the order info one by one. It will automatically pull in the product and order info. You just need to select the order and create a label for it.

0 Likes