UK Shopify account charge in Euros

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I'm based in the UK but I want to charge my customers in Euros as the sight will at first be aimed at the European market.

The instructions dont seem to help with if you have a UK bank account being able to charge Euros.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I have a Euros bank account I can use but I'm not sure how to switch from the UK bank account fields to a Euro bank account fields

Can someone please help :-)

Henry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 23

Hey there Henry!

Genevieve from Shopify here :) 

This will depend on the payment gateway you're using. If you're using Shopify Payments then you won't be able to accept payment in Euro at this time. USD, CAD, AUD and GBP are the only currencies accepted for Shopify Payments as of yet. 

Other payment gateways accept Euro, such as Stripe, 2Checkout​ and PayPal Express Checkout. You can change the checkout currency for your store in your Admin>Settings>General>Standards and formats :) 

Note that, even if your checkout currency is set to GBP, you can offer to display prices in other currencies additionally by following one of the guides here:
https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/currencies-and-translations/curren....

Hope that helps! 

Genevieve S.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I was wondering what would be the answer for the original question, 3 years later, as I find myself in the same situation

0 Likes