UPS Integration

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

I just noticed that Shopify now has UPS integration.  When I go to fullfill and order I can easily put in a package size and choose UPS as the shipping carrier. The problem I have is that I cannot figure out how to calculate the shipping cost when creating a draft and I don't see UPS as an option when checking out as a customer.

When filling out a draft and clicking on shipping, I only see the weight based shipping options, Free Shipping, and Other _____.  

When I look under settings -> shipping -> shipping zone and choose to add a calculated rate, I've put in the various services I want to use (UPS ground, UPS 2 day, etc).  However, I cannot figure out how to see the calculated shipping rate when creating a draft, and I still don't see UPS options when checking out as a customer.   What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
581 20 186

Hey Samuel,

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. ??

When certain shipping rates don't show up at checkout, it's because the contents of the cart don't fit into the rules for that particular rate. It could be too heavy or too light, too big or too small. 

I would recommend you check all of your products to ensure they have accurate weights. You can use your bulk editor for this to speed things up a bit. 

I would also suggest you go to Settings > Shipping > click edit next to your Shipping Zone and check under UPS to see if there are any appropriate rates you're not currently using that you can set up. You may have some UPS rates set up and not others.

If you're still having problems, please let me know. It would be helpful if you could provide screenshots of your checkout page with the shipping options, the total weight of the order and your UPS rates within your shipping settings. 

Let me know if you need anything else. ?

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

I'm still having problems.  I've set up a test product, which has a shipping weight of 7oz. I've also set up UPS calculated rates using standard, ground, and 3 day. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Here's my settings for shipping

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
581 20 186

Hey Samuel,

Aria again!

I'm going to have to get a close look at your shipping settings to investigate this for you. I sent you an email. If you can reply to that, I will then be able to access your admin.

Thank you!

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

Shipping rates are calculated based on the following factors : 
- Shipper location

- Destination 

- weight of the shipment

- packaging type

If you are using UPS default packaging types like UPS standard boxes, then you have to be sure that UPS provides rates for those boxes for the specified shipper to the destination locations. To be sure, you can always go to UPS price calculator, provide the details and then verify whether the rates are available or not. Also, i hope that you have marked the units of measurement correctly. 

Keeping all these factors in mind, there should not be any problem.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes