UPS Shipping Rates Assumed to be in USD ?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm fully based in Canada, and I entirely sell and operate in Canadian Dollars (CAD). I've setup my UPS account in my store. 

Using the "Test UPS® rates" option in the Accounts and integrations area I do receive the correct UPS rates in CAD. For example a test says "UPS® Standard CAD $28.49" and " UPS 3 Day Select® CAD $65.42" however during checkout with the same sized box and same weight a customer will see "UPS® Standard $38.73" and "UPS 3 Day Select® $88.92"

USD = 1.35638 CAD

$28.49 * 1.35638 = $38.64

$65.42 * 1.35638 = $88.73

It looks to me like Shopify is assuming that I'm receiving my UPS quotes in USD and converting them to CAD. I receive my UPS quotes in CAD, and as shown, the back end test area actually does say "CAD" in the quotes as well. 

Please help?

In addition, I did see the post at https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/setting-up-shipping-currency/td-p/5538... and did try removing and re-adding my shipping locations. This did not fix the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Same thing, it does not appear to be dependent on address or IP.

We actually only use UPS for anything shipping out of Canada. Canada Post has been unreliable during COVID.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
437 6 32

@UxJjJiIvwZ ,

This issue might occur due to these cases. Ensure that these points are double-checked.

• Your store currency is set to CAD and not USD
  • Ensure that your UPS account has the currency as CAD and not USD
  • Are you using any apps to calculate and display rates? If yes, there might be some issues with the app not fetching the right currency. Contact them regarding the same.

If the issue still remains after you have checked these points, do contact the Shopify support. They will surely be able to help you out with this, or you can make use of our Multi Carrier Shipping Label app to solve this. If your UPS account has the currency CAD, the app calculates the rates in this currency and send it to Shopify in CAD, that will be displayed accurately at checkout. You can use your own UPS account with the app and also display rates, print shipping labels, and handle the order tracking as well.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello @HariKrishna,

Thank you for your reply.

Store currency "Canadian Dollars (CAD)"

Are you using any apps to calculate and display rates? No.

Do you happen to have any guidance on where to verify the currency setting in UPS? Considering everything I've seen and done with UPS is in CAD that's what it's probably set to. Also, the "Test UPS® rates" area of Shopify does give me all quotes in "CAD", as in it literally says "UPS® Standard CAD $28.58" on a test.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
437 6 32

@UxJjJiIvwZ ,

I'm not sure about this. Maybe you can just login to your UPS account and try calculating the rates for some shipments?

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes