UPS SurePost Rate Setup Question

KenMc
Excursionist
13 1 1

Several older post about this topic but they seem to be dated a bit.

Is there a way to setup UPS SurePost rates without an app?

Seems like anyone with an app has dropped out of the app store so I figure setting this rate is a native feature now and I just need some direction on how to implement.

0 Likes
jeffpat
Tourist
10 1 5

Hello Ken,

I don't think it's a native feature yet as we'd love to have SurePost as an option too and can't seem to find it.  I'm pretty sure (90%) that you have to use a 3rd party app like PlugInHive's Multi Carrier Shipping Label app.

Hope that helps, but I'm going to monitor this thread as well in case there is a better solution now.

Thanks,
Jeff

0 Likes
HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
608 13 59

Hi,

As Jeff has mentioned, you can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app to handle UPS SurePost as Shopify doesn't directly support SurePost. The app allows you to configure your own UPS account with negotiated rates and easily enable SurePost. (see the image below)

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 3.13.50 PM.png

--------

Set UPS SurePost.png

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
KennyR
Tourist
10 0 4

This was my thought too...  pretty bummed that Shopify hasn’t figured out a way to integrate a standard UPS service like SurePost.  I upgraded my plan specifically because I was under the assumption that SurePost would be obviously an option.   But then I find that Shopify once again wants me to get an expensive app to do the jobs that should come standard with the Shopify plan. 

Following.  Hoping that Shopify fixes this soon. 

0 Likes
Christopher_Ski
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey folks. I've been searching for a different way to offer UPS SurePost on my store as well, but to no avail. I see there are plugins that offer an entire shipping platform, but the one I am currently using works very well so there is no need for me to switch. I use KingWebmaster's Advanced Shipping Manager (https://www.advancedshippingmanager.com/) and since there's been little response from Shopify on this I figured I'd at least share what is currently working for me. ASM is very customizable and integrates with our store as well as our ERP system, and more importantly, it supports UPS SurePost, among many other shipping options. I hope this helps some of you. 

0 Likes
KennyR
Tourist
10 0 4

I finally received a bit of an answer about SurePost from Shopify. I was told today when I chatted with a rep that Shopify has not yet reached the threshold of requests for this feature needed to make it an option. I was told that I should encourage others who wanted to see this option to let Shopify know! You can send messages, but it is far more effective to initiate a chat with support, asking about the status of this option.

The Shopify rep that I spoke with has assured me that this can be added if requests are being received!  If you want to see SurePost available through Shopify, natively, then let them know! Personally, I want to be in the beta group, so I'm on record for wanting it first! lol
Here's the URL to initiate a chat:

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat

0 Likes