UPS shipments with additional settings

Highlighted
3 0 0

Our company switched to Shopify Plus from Magento about 2 months ago, we've been in a relatively low-volume period so we've been creating UPS labels manually via UPS.com since then.  We're now entering a much busier time of the year, and I added our company's UPS account to our Shopify settings, so we could create labels automatically through the admin - but it seems that the only shipment attributes you can change when creating a label are the weight and shipping method?  In our case, for example, we need to provide unique references for each shipment, select carbon neutral shipping, and also adjust notification settings.  We can't apply all of these settings as defaults in our UPS account, because they only apply to our e-commerce department's shipments - and some are unique to the shipment itself.  It also seems that the only insurance option is Shopify's insurance, rather than insuring the shipment through UPS itself.

Can anyone tell me if what I've described is correct?  It seems crazy to me that the UPS integration would be so basic, I really hope I'm overlooking something.  I would also gladly use a third-party app if that would provide me with additional features, but it seems like most of them do not allow you to use your own UPS account.  Thanks in advance for any help that may be out there!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
150 4 21
Hi Again Kate,

I made a private app for UPS labels, if you do not find a viable public app option let me know, but for getting it ready for you to use will probably be in the new year.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you Thomas, I would be very interested in it when it’s ready - please keep me posted.

I just installed and am testing your inventory locations app, so far it seems great.

Best regards,
Kate
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
150 4 21

Thanks!

Just let me know if you need any help setting it up.

best regards,

Thomas.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Thomas,

I am currently seeking a way to make as many of our shipments carbon neutral as possible. I'm fairly new to Shopify and this is the first I am ever hearing of a private app, though I can infer approximately what that means. Would you mind sharing with me some more information on what you've created and if we could potentially make use of it as well?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Multi Carrier Shipping Label app would be the perfect solution for you. The app allows you to use your own UPS account and it supports UPS insurance as well. The app helps you display live rates at checkout, print labels in bulk and also handle the tracking process.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes