UPS shipping

Highlighted
4 0 0

What do I have to do to activate UPS shipping?  I have an existing UPS account.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Here is Shopify's guide to setting up your UPS shipping.

Just an FYI, Shopify doesn't do dimensional-weight based shipping, so unless you always have the same package size, your rates will not be accurate. Additionally, if a customer orders more than 1 item, then your rates will be off since Shopify UPS shipping only accounts for 1 box no matter what the order size.

Our app, Intuitive Shipping, can link with your UPS account, and you can create unlimited package sizes to avoid these problems. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Warm regards,
Sharon Reeds

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Sharon.  Thanks for your quick response.  

I am still a little confused in reading through the material.  If I use the Intuitive Shipping app you mentioned, am I still required to subscribe to the advanced Shopify plan?  I have Basic now.

I notice that the UPS rates which show up on my screen are ofeen as much as $6 to $7 less than the postal service rates which I have been using exclusively.  This is actually what prompted me to reopen a UPS account.  I shipped UPS many years, but changed when the rates became higher and  higher, plus teh almost $3 surcharge for residential delivery.  Do I actualy need to ahve my own UPS account?  Thanks for your help.  I will keep reaading.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Dave,

Sorry about the late reply! I answered your question shortly before heading to bed last night.

You can remain on the Basic Shopify plan and add the live carrier rates feature for as little as $0/month if you switch to yearly billing (this also saves you 10% off your plan, so for a lot of users this is the way to go), or you can add it for $20/month a-la-carte. You can add this feature to your plan by contacting Shopify

" I notice that the UPS rates which show up on my screen are ofeen as much as $6 to $7 less than the postal service rates which I have been using exclusively." - which postal service have you been using? 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted

To answer your query @Dave24, you do not need to use your own UPS account for rates as you already get discounted rates from Shopify directly. However, if you are planning to try out with your own account, you can opt for the Multi carrier shipping label app that provides address classification (residential/commercial addresses - yes surcharges will be added to the cost) apart from the normal rates along with insurance(optional feature). You can switch to yearly billing as this would save you additional $20/month to activate this feature.

0 Likes