[URGENT] Block orders with price 0€

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! I need urgent help because this is driving me nuts... I have an online book store where I have confured with the app "Free gifts by Secomapp" that every time a costumer add to his cart a physical product, he receive the digital version of this book for free, but we also sell the digital edition on the store, for thos who doesn't want the physical book. So there is a 100% off variant of every digital book that is automaticly added to the cart when you add the physical book, and if you quit the physical book, the digital edition goes our too.

Today I have seen that a costumer has done something that allowed him to add only the digital edition of some book on the 100% off variant... Which gave him an order for 0.00€ and got the book for free. I blocked the user, but he made some other account from other ip and ordered 20 books more, with the same method, receiving it for free...

I don't have a clue of how to stopo this because the 100% off variant is not on the store and you can't add it to the cart alone...

I have thought that the best method would be to clock all the 0.00€ orders, but I can't find a way. Please, could you help me with this?

Thank you very much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

Hi - could you not stop this by using a postage rate setting e.g. set a postage rate based on price e.g. if price is between €0.00 - €0.01 then postage is €100, if price is above €0.02 then postage is whatever your real postage rates are.

Just a thought as a simple way of preventing it and only someone trying to scam you would see the €100 rate.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you very much for your response. It is a partial solution. I have made something similar. I proposed something similar, just block the orders with price 0.00€ to 0.05€ , but we have cheap products on our store too, so he could just order one of those, for 1€, and then add all the free stuff that he wants, avoiding this situation.

I have thought that maybe could be a bug of the app that we are using for the promotion that add the free Digital edition when you order the Physical edition. It is called Free Gifs by Secomapp.

0 Likes