URGENT - High risk fraud

Highlighted
12 0 0

I received the first order but the fraud analysis get me an "High risk"

• Characteristics of this order are similar to fraudulent orders observed in the past
  • Card Verification Value (CVV) isn't available
  • Billing street address doesn't match credit card's registered address
  • Billing address ZIP or postal code doesn't match credit card's registered address
  • There was 1 payment attempt
  • Payment was made with 1 credit card
  • Location of IP address used to place the order is United States
  • Shipping address is 2059 km from location of IP address
  • Billing country matches the country from which the order was placed
  • The IP address used to place the order isn't a high risk internet connection (web proxy)

What do you recommend to do in these cases? to hear the customer or leave alone ?.
If I try to hear the customer what questions should I ask to have the guarantee that it is not a scam?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3397 253 614

Hi @Puya_b,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

While we would never directly advise you on whether to fulfill an order or not, we can absolutely provide you with some more info and tools here so you can make your own choices with as much certainty as possible.

What do you recommend to do in these cases? to hear the customer or leave alone ?.
If I try to hear the customer what questions should I ask to have the guarantee that it is not a scam?

Some of the most common ways to judge whether or not an order is fraudulent or not is to reach out to the customer directly via email or phone (whichever contact information they provided at checkout) and ask them if they made the order and if they did to provide some sort of ID to prove they are who they are. Inevitably it is your decision whether or not you want to fulfill the order or not. Shopify has a helpful guide with some more information on it here. Something else you could look into is a fraud analysis app from the Shopify App Store to help you determine whether or not an order is legitimate. 

You can see Shopify's fraud filter app here as well as several others here. Does that help answer your question and point you in the right direction of what to do next? 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes