URGENT - Not received payment in Paypal account

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 4

Hi, I've received my first order via Paypal unfortunately the payment is not showing up in Paypal. I've tried de-activating and re-activating the account but still no sign of the transaction, pending or otherwise.

I need to send out the order but can't until I've confirmed that payment has been received. How long does it take for the transaction to show in my account? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @A4Hiwayman!

When an order is paid through Paypal, the funds should be immediately available unless the customer is waiting for an "echeck" to clear which can take up to 7 business days. If this were the case, it would show a pending payment status on the order within your Shopify admin. If that doesn't help locate your funds, then you'll want to navigate to Settings/Payment Providers to see which Paypal account is attached to your store. If this is a new account, then Paypal would have sent you an email so that you can get the proper account type setup to accept the funds. 

If you don't receive that email or the email listed in Settings/Payment Providers is different from the account you're using then you'll want to head over to the order, scroll down to the order timeline, then click on the payment line. This will expand a variety of information, however, you'll want to look for the Auth number, Token number, and email if it's listed. With this information in hand, you'll want to reach out to Paypal support as they can help track down the funds from the order. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 4

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info. I contacted Paypal and they confirmed that Shopify had been configured with an old address that I no longer have access to. Paypal were able to set the address as verified. They then identified the payment and released it to my account. Apart from Paypal's automated support system it was a fairly painless exercise in the end.

Regards

Gavin

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there!  I published my shopify account on Monday and someone immediately ordered before I may connect Paypal.  On Shopify it says payment was successful but when you scroll down it says pending and it had not been credited to my Paypal account.  How do I resolved this?  Thank you!

@Peter wrote:

Hey, @A4Hiwayman!

When an order is paid through Paypal, the funds should be immediately available unless the customer is waiting for an "echeck" to clear which can take up to 7 business days. If this were the case, it would show a pending payment status on the order within your Shopify admin. If that doesn't help locate your funds, then you'll want to navigate to Settings/Payment Providers to see which Paypal account is attached to your store. If this is a new account, then Paypal would have sent you an email so that you can get the proper account type setup to accept the funds. 

If you don't receive that email or the email listed in Settings/Payment Providers is different from the account you're using then you'll want to head over to the order, scroll down to the order timeline, then click on the payment line. This will expand a variety of information, however, you'll want to look for the Auth number, Token number, and email if it's listed. With this information in hand, you'll want to reach out to Paypal support as they can help track down the funds from the order. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

@FHLA2016 

By default, the Paypal account would be associated with the email you used at the time of signup for your Shopify store. If the payment is appearing as pending, then I suspect that the Paypal account will need to be set up in full before the funds can be deposited. Paypal should send an email to you automatically to ensure your account is set up correctly. Are you still experiencing issues with this, or has it been resolved? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Thanks Peter! That explains it! The customer just cancelled payment and
changed the mode.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone!

I had an order and the customer had paid by Paypal and I got an email from Paypal to open a business account to be able to receive the payment so I did.

However, after I opened my business account I realized that I have received another email from Paypal indicating that the customer has canceled the pending payment! 

In the Shopify admin, it still says paid but I haven't received any payment in my Paypal account. I sent an email to the customer to be sure if there is any problem or question but didn' t receive any response from him.

I wonder does the customer have right to cancel a payment after a purchase? The order is shipped and I appreciate any help to solve the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
This is exactly what happened to me - the customer paid via Paypal before I
could link my Paypal account. Luckily the customer was my friend so she
just cancelled the payment and paid me with Zelle instead.

Maybe you may reach out to the customer? Paypal is working fine now after
I successfully linked to my Shopify store.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello.

Mine says 'on hold' and won't release without tracking number or packing slip 1 day before delivery.

Going from what others said this does not seem normal at all.

What's going on?

Also, I can't connect paypal anyway after my first transaction as it just constantly times out when trying to 'Agree and connect'.

Yes, I have tried clearing my cookies, using multiple devices/accounts/browsers,e tc and nothing works to fix this issue. Waiting on Paypal currently to see if they can fix.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

@Bzparkes 

Mine says 'on hold' and won't release without tracking number or packing slip 1 day before delivery.

> This sounds like Paypal needing to verify the order and would require providing them with the requested information before the funds can be released. Paypal should be able to clear up any questions around the verification process. 

Also, I can't connect PayPal anyway after my first transaction as it just constantly times out when trying to 'Agree and connect'.

> Were you able to get this resolved? If yes, could you share the outcome? If no, it could be tied to the country you have enabled in your store, given that the basic troubleshooting steps did not work. If you toggle the country in Settings/General to the United States, then try again, are you able to replicate the issue? Some countries have a problem with directing to the proper signup area within Paypal, so toggling the country to the United States should help resolve this. Don't worry though; you will still be able to list your country when signing up for Paypal, the switch is just to get you to the right place. Once set up, you can change your country back in Settings/General. 

Let me know what you find out!

0 Likes