USPS Carrier Based Pricing Not Showing All Options

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello!

I have set my International/Canada shipping to integrate with the USPS for Carrier Based Pricing.  I have selected an envelope as my default package type so it falls within the dimensions for a Large Envelope (Flat). 

Here is my issue:  the options for shipping begin with USPS First-Class Package Inernational Service

My products will ship as USPS First Class Large Envelope (FLat) which is signifcantly cheaper than a package.  I can't figure out why it is not an option when my settings are for an envelope as my default dimensions.

I have also selected "Automatically offer any new shipping rates which aren't listed here" and the option for a Large Envelope (Flat) does not come up as an option at checkout.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Roben-Marie

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am having the same problem... called shopify and they were sending my issue up the line. so frustrating!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I finally contacted the USPS Web Tools Tech Support today and they told me that everything was set properly and that they would even "reset" my account so that all the International Shipping options would show.  The Large Envelope - Flat still does not show as a shipping option.  I have still not received a reply back from Shopify as to why it is not working properly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

i think it has to be a Shopify issue becuase I am able to 'test' the USPS calculator from the admin page and when I do the test I can see that first class international is working. yet it does not show up at the top of the page under each country.

I deactivated and reactivated. deleted countries and added them back- still not there.

It worked fine a few weeks ago then suddenly stopped working - and I haven't changed anything!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I just added Carrier Based Shipping and  "Large Envelope - Flat First Class International" was never an option for me.  It baffles me that I can choose Package Type: Envelope but not offer my customers the pricing option to mail it!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I had it for sure in december and January - I can even look back at orders and it shows that they picked First Class international 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

this sucks!!!!  Hopefully somebody will fix this problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This fixed my problem

Michelle M:  

Hmm, it might be that the box size you have entered is simply too large for that shipping rate. What likely happened is you added the large box dimensions and it eliminated that option because it was simply too large. There is a great document on USPS's website, that talks about the cutoff sizes for the USPS First Class International shipping rate.https://www.usps.com/international/first-class-mail-international.htm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks for the input but I have an envelope selected as my default package and it is smaller than the largest allowed dimensions for the Large Envelope (Flat) for First Class. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

This was most likely an issue which has been fixed. Can someone from the thread verify this? Ideally envelope within the dimensions : 

22" x 18" x 15"

are definitely eligible for First Class Service. If the issue persists, you can use your own USPS account in the Multi Carrier Shipping label app and get the service without any problem.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes