Is the USPS label purchase error on Shopify due to VAT, USPS, or system issues?

whitzracing
Visitor
1 0 1

Store is unable to purchase USPS Labels for International Shipments;

1 shipping label couldn’t be purchased.
Fix the errors for each order and try again.

A system error has occurred and is being investigated.

Any additional insight would be helpful, is it VAT Related, USPS Error or Shopify Issue?

Replies 6 (6)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @whitzracing !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We are currently seeing an issue where merchants are unable to purchase USPS labels. This is almost certainly what has caused this error for you. Our developers are aware of this and are investigating with USPS to get things up and running as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Warm regards.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

beikuo
Excursionist
17 1 3

All of my shipping labels still function but I got two packages shipping to UK are showing me "A system error has occurred and is being investigated" since yesterday. My other packages shipping to Canada and Japan still let me print out the labels? Any idea why?

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @beikuo !

The issue we were experiencing this most has just been resolved. So if this is what was causing trouble for you, it should be cleared up after a refresh of your browser. If you're still experiencing issues, let me know and we can get you authenticated to take a closer look into this together.

Warm regards

beikuo
Excursionist
17 1 3

Hi @Oliver 

Unfortunately, my UK order is still showing me the same thing "1 shipping label couldn’t be purchased. Fix the errors for each order and try again." "A system error has occurred and is being investigated." I've already refresh my browser, also tried to create the label on my phone but still showing the same. It's very weird cause all my other orders don't have this issue but only UK order.

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @beikuo !

Sorry to hear you were still seeing some trouble printing this shipping label. Since this has been going on for a little while already, we'll definitely want to get this looked into as quickly as possible. I'd certainly recommend getting in touch with our Support team directly. From there, we'll be able to troubleshoot the error messaging further and get this escalated, if necessary.

Warm regards!

cutelanguage
Visitor
1 0 0

I see this is from 2021, but as of July 26, 2023 I received that same error on my shop. Couldn't purchase a USPS label. At first it said "Fix the errors for each order and try again." and then I tried again and received the "A system error has occurred and is being investigated." error message. Luckily I sell stickers and had backup USPS stamps, but still super inconvenient. 

Chloé from Cute Language