USPS Not Verifying Address on Customer Order

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, We recently made the switch to Shopify and are beginning to use the integrated shipping function. 

We just had a USPS package returned with an $11 chargeback as the address was un-verified and undeliverable. The Zip Code was off. 

Does the Shopify USPS shipping automatically verify the shipping address like the Stamps.com system does to avoid these mishaps? 

Thank You!

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 
I'm experiencing an address not able to be verified but it is an APO address. Curious if you got any clarification here? I'm not sure if you are even able to ship to APO's through the USPS integration...?

Megan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I can say that only USPS supports APO address as it is the only authorised carrier to do it. Now, regarding address verification, by direct does not provide a way to do this. However, using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app, we can call USPS database and verify the address without any problems. This verification is done once the order reaches the app such that you do not create a label for an unconfirmed address.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes