USPS Rate Calculator has a lead thumb on the scale

Highlighted
6 0 0

I had an order come in yesterday and the person chose USPS Priority Mail, which was calculated with the plugin rate calculator. The 2.9 pound order charged her $41.70 for USPS Priority Mail 2-Day. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I tried resetting my user code in API area, then tested it and it wanted to charge $43 for coast to coast for a 3 pound shipment. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
43 0 2

Hello Sap, 

I am Dumitro, a Support Guru with Shopify and I would be happy to shed some light on your shipping issue.

It's difficult to say exactly what is going wrong here since I did not look into your account. However, it is likely that you have some sort of buffer on your rates. If you click "edit" next to where it says "USPS generates aditional shipping rates for this country" you can check if the rates have been modified by an amount or percentage. Doc: Editing carrier-calculated rates.

You should also check that the Default shipment dimensions are accurate. 

Have a great day,

Dumitro R.
Support Guru
Shopify

Have a great day, Dumitro R. Support Guru Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I know the issue is quite old, however, it would be great if you can share how it was resolved. I could have done a quick check from the USPS price calculator, but i do not have information pertaining to ship from and ship to addresses. Was it a rate adjustment issue or packaging issue? I would like to check the rates in Multi Carrier Shipping label app if you can provide the details of the transaction here.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes