USPS Retail Ground Shipping - click and ship option?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I have a site that I wanted to add a USPS Retail Ground shipping option to. After reading the forums, I found that I could do this by entering USPS Retail Ground as a weight-based option, so that issue was solved. I can now offer USPS Retail Ground as the default, with Priortity Mail and Priority Mail Express as the other options.

My goal now is to be able to enter box dimensions and weight into shopify or an app and then print pre-paid labels for USPS Retail Ground, rather than going to the post office and going through the shipping routine every time. I believe you can do this for Priortity Mail and Priority Mail Express, but can't figure out what I need to do for USPS Retail Ground. Is this possible in shopify or a shopify app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
88 10 20

Hi, Zack!

Emma here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

Have you taken a look at the ShipStation app? I was browsing their website and if I'm not mistaken, it looks like they offer USPS Retail Ground rates and also the option to print labels at home, saving you a bit of time!

I don't have any first-hand experience using this app, but do know that there are many merchants who use ShipStation and are quite happy with the service.

The app has a 30-day free trial period, so you could add it to your account and see if it would provide exactly what you're looking for. As long as the app is removed within that trial period, you wouldn't see any charges for it on your invoice.

If you have any questions related to setting up or using the app, it would be best to reach out to the App Developers here. They have a great support team over at ShipStation that would be happy to help!

Let us know how you make out, or if you need any further advice on this topic.

Emma | Shopify Support

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app that will allow you to set up dimensions for each product, then define box dimensions. The app will automatically pack your items into the most appropriate box and you will definitely get USPS Retail Ground service. 

0 Likes