USPS Shipping Not Working At All -- Need Help

Highlighted
Tourist
67 0 1
Hello folks, I'm in the final stages of getting my site live and I'm having a real problem with USPS carrier-calculated rates. I have followed all of instructions in the wiki. (I received my user ID, then called USPS tech support and got switched over to the production server). Now I enter my user ID in shopify in the appropriate place and this is where the fun begins. First off when I click "edit" for the United States USPS shipping rates all I get for step one is an option that says "Automatically offer any other returned rates not listed here". All the real options aren't present, (priority mail, express mail etc.) Now interestingly enough this isn't the case for the international rate. For that I have four options -- # USPS Express Mail International (EMS) # USPS Global Express Guaranteed # USPS Priority Mail International # Automatically offer any other returned rates not listed here But that doesn't really matter as I'm not going to be shipping international right now. Currently I'm only concerned with United States. Now even though no US options were present for me in the admin, I figured I'd go ahead and make a test order to see what the customer was presented. Well after my address was submitted I received the error: *Shipping method Unfortunately there is no Shipping Rate available for your destination and/or weight of your cart. Please contact the Shop Owner for further assistance.* So obviously something seems wrong. I'm pretty dumb sometimes, but in this case I don't think it's a matter of user error [although I've thought that before plenty of times and been wrong :) ] So what's going on? Am I missing something obvious? Or is this a system error? This is pretty essential for me as my shop will be shipping USPS to the US exclusively. Please help!!!! I've attached screenshots as evidence of my tribulations. THANK YOU!!!
Cora Boutique - trendy and fashionable women's clothing www.shopcora.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
157 0 14

I just looked at your settings and the problem is that you have your state abbreviation filled out in the postal code field of your ship-from address, when really that field should contain your zip code. I was under the impression that this kind of thing would throw up some kind of helpful error message, but I guess that isn’t the case. We’ll definitely be improving that.

James MacAulay, Shopify Developer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
67 0 1

I’m an idiot :)

Thank you very much for the help!!!!

Cora Boutique - trendy and fashionable women's clothing www.shopcora.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

In such cases, the complete transaction comprising of USPS request and USPS Response would be of definite help. Does Shopify provide that? We at Multi Carrier shipping label app do provide that although it would be useful at Shopify's level as most customers would not use apps. 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes