USPS Shipping issues (USPS customer support is terrible)

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys! 

I have been running an e-commerce company for the past year and have had a huge issue with USPS. Everything in my company runs smoothly, but for some reason, we are also losing packages or have packages severely delayed. Two weeks ago USPS completely lost one of our entire shipments for a day which was over 150 packages. Dealing with USPS customer support is a nightmare. Wait times for a phone call are 1-3 hours long, and it seems like no one in the support staff knows what to do. 

I really want to know if I am doing something wrong when it comes to fulfillment. I want to say we are having issues with about 1% off all packages shipped. 

I have created a survey below to try and see if this happens with most e-commerce sites or if we are doing something completely wrong. 

I have created a survey just to try and gauge how big of a problem this really is. I’d love it if you could fill it out so I can see how we compare to some other e-commerce sites in terms of USPS issues.

Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeBBhQGYEgfFmEK_oDYcstHHi6ia3603aswJj54cG4cbtqpoQ/viewform

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Mark,

Have you considered using another carrier for your shipments? We just partnered with eShipper who is a negotiated rates provider, so I encourage you to sign up - it's a free service and you're only charged if you actually make your shipments through them (since they're your rates provider instead of the post office/Shopify). After you sign up, you can enter your "ship from" and "ship to", along with the shipment dimensions and compare rates from all available carriers for that shipment. I actually spent my day at their offices yesterday, and they're all sincerely nice people who are great to work with :) 

We've had mixed reviews about USPS from our Intuitive Shipping users - some of them have issues like you have, where packages are lost, delayed or damaged, but other merchants have had no problems in the 10+ years they've been using them. It could entirely be due to where you're located - I know I try to avoid the UPS depot by my house because the man who works there is absolutely miserable, but a city over they're always chipper and amazing. 

Best regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
52 0 1

USPS is very popular among ecommerce merchants because they typically have the lowest rates for domestic shipments compared to other carriers. They also offer shipping insurance for certain classes of parcels (Priority etc). Do you mind sharing more details on this problem? Are you shipping domestic mostly? Are you shipping First Class or Priority? 

http://apps.shopify.com/ordoro- Automated Dropshipping, Easy Shipping Labels (USPS, Fedex, UPS) and Powerful Inventory Management for Shopify stores
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I would recommend you to stick with USPS as they are the best guys in the business with cheapest shipping cost. Now, regarding lost shipments, ideally if you have enabled insurance, this should not be a problem. Adding to it, the ultimate convenience of using Flat rate boxes makes it the most effective carrier for your shipments. I am no USPS agent, but purely speaking through experience of our customers of the Multi Carrier Shipping label app.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes