USPS and tracking number

Highlighted
2 0 0

I want all of my orders to ship USPS first class with a tracking number automatically included.  Is this possible?  I’m a little confused by all the shipping settings.

What are the exact steps I need to do, to make every order, (I’m only shipping US at the moment) ship USPS, with a tracking number?

I purchased a test item from my shop, just to see how the shipping label process was, and I’m not even sure it was a USPS label.

basically I’m frustrated and confused, sorry and thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 117

Hey, @SjKelly!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

If you're based in the US, you can do this with Shopify Shipping! It sounds like you might have already tested out the option when you purchased a label in the admin. Would you like your customers to see this option as a calculated rate as well when they're checking out? If so, you will need to set up USPS calculated rates as your only shipping option. You can see how to do that here.

This page here breaks down the exact steps for doing that, and also includes a video!  Step six is the spot where you can choose the service you'd like to use. In this case, USPS.

I know you had mentioned you'd like to ship First class, however First Class Large Envelope (flat) package type won't include a tracking number. So if you're choosing that option, it won't be available. You can see more about the specific limitations for US based merchants here

If you do have a tracking number included in the label you've purchased, it will automatically be connected to the order when you buy the label!

I hope this helped to clear up the frustration a little. Please let me know if I can clarify the steps any further!

Other than this, how is your business set up going so far?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

What if I want a set price for shipping, and not calculated?

I also, want every order to default to USPS first class shipping. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm sorry, it did not help.  I have been using shopify for some time and I always had the tracking on the label and it was sent to the customer via email.  Now there is no tracking number anywhere.

I use USPS.  Where did it go????

0 Likes