USPS end of day SCAN forms

Solved
myhealthywoe
Excursionist
20 0 11

Probably is more convenient for Shopify to use apps that allow this(Shipstation for example) as those leave them some profit rather than providing this as part of their fulfillment platform.

0 Likes
K_ray
Tourist
3 0 2

To any Shopify team member that may be reading this, please take note...our store recently started a monthly book subscription for children's books (typically relevant to something going on that month). October was our biggest order month yet. Since we had so many new subscribers that month, I decided to personally drop them off at the post office rather than waiting for my local mail carrier to pick them up from my house. When he saw how many packages I had, my local post office manager waved me to the back of the post office to drop them there rather than waiting in line and having the rest of the customers wait for me to scan them. The only problem is that NONE of the 46 packages were scanned before they left that post office that night. (Apparently, the office was overwhelmed with packages that day and they did not have time to scan everything before the truck arrived) Literally, for the next FORTY-FIVE DAYS, our packages were showing in pre-shipment. In addition to having to refund several of our customers and several others cancelling their subscriptions altogether, the other huge loss for our business was the countless man-hours my co-founder and I had to spend visiting the post-office, on the phone with USPS, online filling out individual missing package forms for each package, and writing apology emails and responding to angry emails from our customers....all during the most critical sales period for all online retailers this year. I understand that you all are not USPS and you should not be held responsible for their inefficiency and their operational failures, but, the fact of the matter is that you all have a TON of your own customers who rely on USPS' imperfect system because their low shipping prices allow our businesses to survive. I know that it has been said several times previously in this post, but please, please, please enable form 5630 or USPS SCAN. You are a much more agile organization than USPS and you would be doing more good than you can even imagine by enabling this feature. Thank you for your time and prompt attention to this matter. 

BrooklynMonroe
Tourist
9 0 7

Perfectly said!  I have had the same issue.  Because the post office gets upset with me when I have more than 4 packages, I usually schedule pickups.  Unfortunately when they pick up my packages from my home based business they do not scan them.  I've had several packages not be scanned for at least a week and I too have had to refund my customers and waste time filling claims.  Luckily my customers have been understanding but that will only last but so long.

myhealthywoe
Excursionist
20 0 11

Use Shipstation in the mean time.

Thanks

BrooklynMonroe
Tourist
9 0 7

I am not sure if everyone was able to resolve their problem, but I hope this helps.

I just started a second Shopify store and was given access to "Shipping Manifests".  It's the Shopify app created for scan forms.  I then went to my current Shopify store and the app was no where to be found in the app store.  I then contacted Shopify via the online live chat and they sent me a link to add it to my old store.  Problem now solve.

If you don't see "Shipping Manifests" listed in your app store, start a LIVE online chat and ask them to help you install it.

I don't know why it's not in everyone's app store.Shipping Manifests AppShipping Manifests App

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
BrooklynMonroe
Tourist
9 0 7

Hi!  They have an app now, but for some reason they are not advertising it and it's not available in everyone's app store.  I discovered it when I created a second store and it was available for that store but not my other one.  The app is called "Shipping Manifests" and it's a Shopify app.  I just did a Live Chat with Shopify customer service and asked them to help me install it.  They sent me a link and in just a few seconds I had it installed.  Here is snap shot of the app.

ShippingManifests.png

K_ray
Tourist
3 0 2

Is this a free Shopify App? 

0 Likes
BrooklynMonroe
Tourist
9 0 7
100% free!
K_ray
Tourist
3 0 2

Thanks soooo much. This is great news. I've started my online chat already!

0 Likes
BrooklynMonroe
Tourist
9 0 7

If they say they don't "see" the app just send them the screenshot.  Good luck!

0 Likes