USPS end of day SCAN forms

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 5

This has been requested for years, dont think that anything you bring up here will result in action by shopify.  They pretty much ignore their users on the forums.

They cant even get their site to support default shipping methods.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

It's pretty crazy that a platform as big as Shopify have not added this feature yet. Not to mention how much time this 1 feature would help save USPS workers everywhere considering how many people use Shopify. Although I would imagine bigger companies have had to switch to a third party shipping provider by now to get around this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6
I think that's Shopify's strategy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 7
This is what I don't get: Doesn't Shopify get a small % of the shipping
labels purchased on their platform? Won't they make more money by giving us
the scan form so that we are not forced to use 3rd party apps to get this
feature?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6
Probably they get more from developers of those 3rd party apps. I don't
know.

I don't think this is a very expensive feature to include in terms of
software development so I am not sure why they have been kicking the can
down the road.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 8

Double check your shipping rates with the third party app.  We have been using Shipstation and I found out that priority mail is sometimes $2 more on shipstation vs shopify.  Also I have found NO ONE that can beat shopify UPS rates.  They are 7-8 dollars less than shipstation.   Shopify REALLY.. REALLY needs to upgrade their shipping features.  I need to be able to print pick list or packing lists at one time for all the order as well as print the end of day form.  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us out.  At least you can do that since you took away our phone support LOL.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

In my case, I have made the comparison between Shopify USPS rates and Shipstation and Shipstation always win. I think this will depend mostly if you are using cubic pricing and the weight of your packages.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I have a workaround that's not perfect but better than getting yelled at when dropping off packages.

I use a Dymo 4XL to print the labels. I print them from the tab as normal, but I also do a second printing to my office printer, using the "More Settings" under print, and do 6 pages per sheet, double sided, at 136% scale. This creates a stack of paper with bar codes that I can just hand to the USPS staff to scan manually. It's not the tidy End of Day form that shipstation creates (I use them for a different order process outside of shopify), but it works.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a way to get SCAN forms now?   Just chat with a Shopify help person, who was very nice, but only suggested 2 apps, Shippo and ShipStation that don't have very good reviews.   Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Awesome thought, going to try that this week. 

0 Likes