USPS end of day SCAN forms

Highlighted
2 0 3

I know this feature has been requested in the past but I am requesting it again in hopes to get an update on when USPS SCAN forms will be available.

In order to speed up the process of dropping off packages for myself and the USPS employees, it would be awesome for Shopify to be able to generate a USPS SCAN form for a large number of package drop-offs.

If anyone currently has a workaround, that would be great! Do you still purchase the labels through Shopify and generate a form through another app? 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

I am in need of this as well!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am in need of this as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

we are all in need of it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes, Shopify please add this feature!  The post office hates me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 7

Shopify, please add USPS scan form to the platform. So many merchants have asked! My USPS carrier sometimes misses scanning one of my packages when it is picked up, and when it is lost, there is no insurance recovery. Shipsurance does not pay on claims where the tracking only shows pre-shipment. It has to be scanned. When the postal workers have to scan a large # of packages individually, they sometimes miss one. The lack of a USPS scan form generator on Shopify is literally costing merchants both time and money. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Use Pirate Ship. Has great shipping reporting, does end of day scan reports and is free. You get the same rates on the Shopify plan that costs $50 more per month, for free.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

What I don't like is that their fulfillment app doesn't show pictures of the products and in my case that's critical.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 7

Tyntpaint: I'm already on the higher Shopify plan (the savings on the credit card fees pay for the upgrade) and Shopify's insurance rates are cheaper than Pirate Ship. Shopify insures for $0.60/$0.75 for $50/$100 coverage on domestic shipments vs Pirate Ship is $0.75/$0.80. When you ship a lot of packages, the extra 5-15 cents add up. I do agree with you that Pirate Ship offers cubic pricing on USPS that the lowest Shopify plan doesn't offer. Cubic pricing only helps if you mail a lot of small, heavy packages though. Other than the cubic option, I have observed that the lowest and the mid-tier shopify plans have the same USPS rates.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 7

myhealthywoe: I agree with you on that. Pirate Ship also doesn't let me do a partial fulfillment on an order, whereas shipping from Shopify lets me choose certain items to ship within an order. Ultimately, Shopify needs to add the USPS scan form functionality. It's inexcusable that other shipping apps can do this and Shopify can't.

3 Likes