Unable to change default currency after first sale (Azanmart.com)

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Unable to change default currency after first sale (Azanmart.com)

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Hello.. i have also made my first sale and now i want to change my currency.

can you plz send me the same link you talking in above coment ?

@Sergios wrote:

Hello, when I created my store I put the default currency in euros and now I wanted to change it to dollars and since I made my first sale the system does not allow me to change it again, I wanted to know how I can do this.

5.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Hello.. i have also made my first sale and now i want to change my currency.

can you plz send me the same link you talking in above coment ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @azanmart,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Sure thing! So our Staff would need to apply this change, as you've already made a sale.
Before this feature can be enabled, I'll need to let you know of a few things that might occur and the steps you need to take after I make the change. Following the currency change, the main impacts that might occur on your account are:

Reporting
When changing currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had $500 USD processing, that would show as $500 in reports. Say next day you switch to CAD, the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. So there's no clarification between currencies if the currency symbol is the same as before and since $1 CAD is not equal to $1 USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward. You can, however, set a “date range” for the data they are reviewing, to exclude any transactions that might have been processed in a different currency before the specific date of the currency switch.

Product Pricing
Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - $20 CAD, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

Apps
Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing currency. If you need to know if this will affect any of the apps you have listed on your store, you will need to reach out to the app developer directly for more info.

Making any adjustments to your product pricing means that you'll need to consider the currency difference. You will also want to review your product pages, themes, etc for currency information, that might need to be adjusted. Please note that refunds will be processed in the new currency too. If you would like for us to go ahead and make the change, I can either pop an email to you or you can contact our live chat, social media or phone support here for immediate assistance. 

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2
Hello,
I would like to processed please let me know what step should I take thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

hello 

the link doesn't work please email me or post the link so i can start the processing 

thanks 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

Hi @azanmart,

Sure thing! You should be able to contact our support here. If not, I've emailed you privately anyway, so if you could just reply back to my email I'll take a closer look into this with you.

Thanks a mill,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2
Please do not lock that i am still trying to figure it out to install currency converter,

there are some code need to be update it
once i fix it and i will let you know to lock it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 1 3

Can you please change mine too? 

I didn't know creating and order counts as sale. I was just testing out. Please to USD

@Ted wrote:

Hi @azanmart,

Sure thing! You should be able to contact our support here. If not, I've emailed you privately anyway, so if you could just reply back to my email I'll take a closer look into this with you.

Thanks a mill,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

Hi, @shopamapa!

Sure thing! Our Support would be happy to assist! Our Support can be contacted via phone, live chat or through our social media channels here 24/7. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many Thanks,

1 Like