Unable to complete a partial payment with Shopify POS on my iPhone

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 5

Hi,

I recentrly accepted a partial payment on my iPhone shopify POS, bu I was never able to complete it.

The doc stipulates that there is a "take Payment" button that should appear on the right side, that will allow me to complete the remaining payment, but I never saw this button.  the doc also talk about this on ipad, but it says nothing about the iphone version.

Did anybody expirement this problem before?

Thx

- Team Trucavelo - www.trucavelo.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 0 13

Hello,

Christine here from the Shopify Guru team - thanks for your question!

Yes, you are able to accept a partial payment in the Shopify POS app for iPhone. As you go through the payment process, you will come to a stage where you can enter/edit the payment amount that you will take initially. If you edit that amount to include only a partial payment and then choose the checkmark to complete the acceptance of the payment, it will offer your the opportunity to mark the order as partial payment. Here is a little video to share an example of what that process looks like.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else. We are just a click away :)

Cheers,
Christine 
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 5

Thanks, I already did that part.  What I meant was tht I was unable to actually perform the other half of the transaction, that is, when the customer is paying the second half.  There is supposed to be a button "Take Payment" that shold allow me to do so, but I was never able to use it, I actually never saw it at all.

Ben

- Team Trucavelo - www.trucavelo.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

bump

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ben!!

Did you resolve this, i have the same issue

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same problem there isn't the button to add the payment that complete the amount.

0 Likes