Unable to deposit your Shopify Payments payout

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all, this happened when i updated my bank account to a new one and now i can't receive any payout.

This is the error message: 

- Your payout couldn’t be deposited because of restrictions on the type or number of transfers your bank account can accept. This could be because you’re using a savings account. In most cases, you should contact your bank to resolve this issue, and then retry your payout.

It gives me an option to update my bank account, so I decided to put back my old bank account details (I have received multiple payouts with the old account no problem). But everytime I try to change back to my old bank account detail, it gives me an error.

To change your bank account, make the following changes:

• Routing number is not supported
  • Old account must match the information we have on file. Contact support if you need further help.

I'm not sure if I accidentally entered a wrong old account number or what but i tried many times but still same error.

Can someone help me with this issue, thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 16 28

Hi, @bjn!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Shopify Payouts. There are certain requirements that your new back account needs to adhere to as well. You can find all the requirements in our guide to Shopify Payments. Check them out and make sure your bank account fits the criteria.

When you're unable to change your bank account details on details on Shopify Payments, we do require you to contact us so our billing team can take a look for you. Sometimes, it could be an issue with your routing or account number being entered incorrectly. But for security reasons, only our billing team is able to help out in those instances.

To contact our support team, first head to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions and log into your store. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic.

Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help.

Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available.

If you don't yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start and continue through the same process.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes